OOps I don’t have a picture to go with this recipe because I have not tried it yet. But I have watched my mom make it and let me tell you it tastes real yummy.
- Spinach – 3 bunches
- Ginger – 2cm sized piece
- Garlic – 3 pods minced
- Tomato – 1 medium sized
- Green Chillies – 3
- Paneer – 100gms – (Cubed or sliced)
- Macaroni – 100gms
- Mushroom – 100gms – (Sliced)
- Cauliflower – 100gms – (Sliced)
- Onion – 1 large sized, Cut
- Butter – 3tbsp
- Milk – 1.5 cups
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook the Spinach with green chillies, ginger and half a teaspoon of salt and then blend to a smooth paste with a blender.
- Cook Macaroni then rinse and drain it before setting it aside
- Grind the Tomato and Onion in a mixer. – Set Aside
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the garlic till brown, add the Tomato and Onion paste and fry well.
- Add the Mushroom, Cauliflower and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Spinach Mixture, milk, paneer, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 2 minutes before removing it from the fire.
- Add the Macaroni and Mix well before pouring it in a greased baking dish.
Ingredients for the topping
- Boiled Potato – 250 gms
- Cooked Carrot – 250 gms
- Cheese – 3 cubes
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the potatoes and carrot mix with the cheese, butter salt and pepper and spread on top of the Spinach Mixture.
- Bake this in an oven (temp: 200 celsius) till the topping turns slightly brown.
Do give it a shot and let me know how it turns out.I have seen this on the venus factor diet but for that please read some of the venus factor reviews. I will hopefully try this over the weekend and will let you know how it turned up with photos. 🙂
At times I get slightly cranky with hunger and like to eat something immediately. Maggi used to be my food of choice for emergencies. But I am trying to move away from Ready to eat food. Because of the health implications that I foresee. This is one of my favourite recipes in recent times and it cooks in the same amount of time as Maggi. (No, Maggi cannot be cooked in 2 minutes)
People always remember nothing like freshly cooked food. Though I am not happy where agriculture is heading.
Spinach- 1 Bunch
Mushroom – 200 gms – finely chopped
Corn – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
Garlic – 6 pods finely chopped
Onion – 1/2 finely chopped
White Pepper Powder
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil the Spinach for a minute and drain the water. Then make a fine paste out of it using a blender.
- Heat the Olive Oil and sautee the Garlic and Green Chillies. Then add the Onion and Sautee it till it becomes slightly transparent.
- Add the Mushroom and Corn and Sautee it.
- Add the white pepper powder and Salt to taste.
- Finally add the Spinach paste and cover with lid for 1 minute.
- Serve with bread that you fancy. Roti, Whole grain Bread, White Bread… You get the idea right.
Note : There are variations to this. You can substitute the Mushroom with Paneer.
And this is food that Nandy and sometimes Amma make for me. Recipe was first tried out by Amma, food delivery in las vegas
who is one hell of a cook and has a huge book with recipes.This food is good also for vitiligo but you can read that in our Vitiligo Miracle Review. I have been convincing her to digitise it. She says “You lose weight and I will digitise my recipes.” Maybe I should. 🙂 But then Nandy and Amma keep making great food. Typical Catch 22 situation. 🙂