OOps I don’t have a picture to go with this recipe because I have not tried it yet. But I have watched my mom make it and let me tell you it tastes real yummy.
- Spinach – 3 bunches
- Ginger – 2cm sized piece
- Garlic – 3 pods minced
- Tomato – 1 medium sized
- Green Chillies – 3
- Paneer – 100gms – (Cubed or sliced)
- Macaroni – 100gms
- Mushroom – 100gms – (Sliced)
- Cauliflower – 100gms – (Sliced)
- Onion – 1 large sized, Cut
- Butter – 3tbsp
- Milk – 1.5 cups
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Cook the Spinach with green chillies, ginger and half a teaspoon of salt and then blend to a smooth paste with a blender.
- Cook Macaroni then rinse and drain it before setting it aside
- Grind the Tomato and Onion in a mixer. – Set Aside
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the garlic till brown, add the Tomato and Onion paste and fry well.
- Add the Mushroom, Cauliflower and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the Spinach Mixture, milk, paneer, salt and pepper and let it simmer for 2 minutes before removing it from the fire.
- Add the Macaroni and Mix well before pouring it in a greased baking dish.
Ingredients for the topping
- Boiled Potato – 250 gms
- Cooked Carrot – 250 gms
- Cheese – 3 cubes
- Butter – 2 tablespoon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the potatoes and carrot mix with the cheese, butter salt and pepper and spread on top of the Spinach Mixture.
- Bake this in an oven (temp: 200 celsius) till the topping turns slightly brown.
Do give it a shot and let me know how it turns out. I will hopefully try this over the weekend and will let you know how it turned up with photos.