At times I get slightly cranky with hunger and like to eat something immediately. Maggi used to be my food of choice for emergencies. But I am trying to move away from Ready to eat food. Because of the health implications that I foresee. This is one of my favourite recipes in recent times and it cooks in the same amount of time as Maggi. (No, Maggi cannot be cooked in 2 minutes)
People always remember nothing like freshly cooked food. Though I am not happy where agriculture is heading.
Spinach- 1 Bunch
Mushroom – 200 gms – finely chopped
Corn – 100 gms
Green Chillies – 2 finely chopped
Garlic – 6 pods finely chopped
Onion – 1/2 finely chopped
White Pepper Powder
Olive Oil – 1 tbsp
- Boil the Spinach for a minute and drain the water. Then make a fine paste out of it using a blender.
- Heat the Olive Oil and sautee the Garlic and Green Chillies. Then add the Onion and Sautee it till it becomes slightly transparent.
- Add the Mushroom and Corn and Sautee it.
- Add the white pepper powder and Salt to taste.
- Finally add the Spinach paste and cover with lid for 1 minute.
- Serve with bread that you fancy. Roti, Whole grain Bread, White Bread… You get the idea right.
Note : There are variations to this. You can substitute the Mushroom with Paneer.
And this is food that Nandy and sometimes Amma make for me. Recipe was first tried out by Amma, food delivery in las vegas
who is one hell of a cook and has a huge book with recipes.This food is good also for vitiligo but you can read that in our Vitiligo Miracle Review. I have been convincing her to digitise it. She says “You lose weight and I will digitise my recipes.” Maybe I should. 🙂 But then Nandy and Amma keep making great food. Typical Catch 22 situation. 🙂