Oh yeah! (that’s the title of the Ultimate Aerosmith Hits Album)went for the Chennai Indibloggers Meet
and Wow!!! It was fun. I took my Handycam along and have shot almost the entire blog meet. To access the Indibloggers Chennai Meet Page Click Here.
First a Roll call to identify people who I supposedly know or those blogs I had visited at some point of time.
Sowmya – She is a very shy lady from Mumbai, I have her doing the indiblogger jig on my handycam.Will post if she let’s me post it.
Varun – Varun and Me were the first to arrive. We came in at 1500 hrs. And we guys even introduced ourselves to the Banquet Hall guy, Vipin.
– This dude pestered me for dinner. And I had to cave in to his requests. (Shucks…I am such a nice guy)
– I really wanted to meet her and give the balli muttais, but missed her. Too bad there were other toffees in it too.
– Friendly girl and now we know her real name.
– I could not really catch him. I have always wanted to ask him about his cycling and take some tips from him.
– This guy knows eateries in nooks and corners of Chennai.
– This girl was actually threatening Satyanarain for whatever reason. But I think she is a very sweet girl.
– Met this guy here for the first time. He actually ditched his Maruti Swift and bloggers headed by BG got it out of the ditch for him. Got that on Video too.
– A painter and photographer has amazing talent.
– He blogs at Vodka Chai. I assumed he was older than what he looks.
– A very sweet girl. She represents Microsoft and gave us a presentation on Windows Live Writer.
– Fellow Photowalker and a nice dude.
Now Absentee’s List (No Hall Ticket for you people. Dont ask me for which hall??? I might be forced to say Naidu Hall – Naihaa) People who I wanted to meet but did not turn up.
and Vanilla Vats
– These girls were missed by almost everyone.( Why did you girls give so much build up huh!!! 🙁
Attendance Over. Now Start Lesson
After Lemonade’s introduction, and Introduction of the Indiblogger team (they are funny), Renie Ravin
told us the story of how a bottle of Old Monk Rum changed their lives(Guys, what is bottled in Old Monk is not just Rum there is enlightenment in it.)
One minute of Fame: You get a minute more or less, timing partner was Mummy Times with their latest model of sand clock from Egypt. A lot of people came forward and introduced themselves and their blogs, while some did not. (Were you nervous guys?) That done it was time for a much needed break.
We broke off for snacks and Tea and interacted with a few bloggers. Saw this dude who was clicking his way to glory. Well, I got a picture of him while he was busy shooting my pic.
Break over, I gave a small presentation on mobile blogging. Well if any one did understand thanks people and to the rest thanks for attempting to listen to it. If any one wants to moblog get in touch with me I will be glad to assist you.
Then came in the Reblz a theatre group, they presented a play which had us in splits. Funny one guys. The Reblz have a blog and here is their take on the Indiblogger Chennai Meet That done we had the play by the Indiblogger team. Over… Next. A presentation by Sandhya Rajan about Microsoft’s Live Writer. While that was being done a lot of bloggers were collecting their T-Shirts and starting to leave.
So the few who were left cheered for the Indiblogger team led by Lemonade. Then the remaining few got a group photo. And we left… Happy that we had met so many bloggers. Super Fun. Cheers!!! Let the Good times Rule.
P.S.: Ofcourse there were too many people and I am in the process of finding them all and will then start serial killing. *Evil Laughter*
Group Photo : Thanks to Sathyanarain. Click here (FLICKR) to see the names of people in that photo. I don’t know the name of two girls. Some one Help me here please.
Update : For some reason my brain does not work as well as it used to. How could I forget to mention Shoonyata He writes amazing Poetry and Ashwini A Software Engineer.